Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees Williams Memorial Hall, held at the Council
Meeting Room on Tuesday 8 th October 2013 at 8.13 pm.
Present. Acting Chairman Cllr. Miss J. Brace, Cllr. Mrs. D. Morgan, Cllr. B. Nash, and the Clerk P. Smith
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologies for absence were received from the Chairman Cllr. Dr. Mrs. E. Venables, Cllr. J. Brice- Richards and Cllr. K. Smith and Cllr. Miss C. Carrington.
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 10th September 2013, copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
3. TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
1. Repairs have started to the top of the wall in the car park which has broken off and the wall between the back of the hall and number 6, Brynfrwdd Close.
2. The clerk has been contacted on two occasions by Awards for All Wales seeking more information in respect of the application for a grant for the two boilers. The Clerk supplied the information required. Awards for All Wales expect to make a decision on the application within the next three to four weeks.
3. The Clerk has sent out letters advising users of the hall of the change to terms and rental conditions, specifically the introduction of a gas heating surcharge of £3 per hour during the months of November to March inclusive.
4.TO CONSIDER THE RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER’S REPORT.
The RFO reported that, as at 30.09.13 the income for the year was £8,998.73 with expenditure of £7,347.45, with excess income of £1,651.28. Bank Balances were checked and confirmed at £4,257.78. The RFO advised the Trustees that current finances indicated that the hall should just about break even this year even with the additional income from the gas heating surcharge. It was agreed that the gas surcharge and hourly rental rates should be reviewed at the end of the financial year.
5. TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totaled £1,346.41 as per the attached schedule numbered 1363/1367.
6.. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
1. It was reported that a health hygiene certificate had been posted on the window of the OBR room. The Clerk was unaware of this and would investigate.
2. The Garden society proposed to purchase 3 or 4 narrow tables for use on show days and other occasions. They requested if the tables could be stored in the hall when not in use. They would be available for general use if needed. This was agreed.
3. The digital lock occasionally fails to lock properly. Clerk to check.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.45 pm.
Signed Chairman………………………………………12th November 2013