Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees Williams Memorial Hall, held at the Council
Meeting Room on Tuesday 12 th November 2013 at 8.28 pm.
Present. Chairman Cllr. Dr. Mrs. E. Venables Cllr. J. Brice- Richards and Cllr. K. Smith, Cllr. Miss J. Brace, Cllr. Mrs. D. Morgan, Cllr. B. Nash, and the Clerk P. Smith.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologies for absence were received from the Cllr. Miss C. Carrington.
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 8th October 2013, copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
3. TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
1. No response yet from Award Wales regarding the grant for upgrading the heating. The notification period ends n two weeks time. If nothing is heard from Award Wales by that time the Clerk will contact them.
2. Reference gas usage, only the Whist Club, Coychurch Gardening Society, Hardy Plant and the WI have decided to pay the surcharge.
3. New phone and flash drive purchased. Purchased through Petty Cash.
4. Repairs to parts of internal walls needed. Cost of rubbing down, sealing and painting
approximately £125. This was agreed.
5.The Clerk recommended an increase in the hourly rate for parties from £12 to £15 per
hour from 1st January 2014. This was agreed. The regularly user rate remains the same.
4.TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totalled
£1,748.46 as per the attached schedule numbered 1368/1377.
5. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
It was reported that there was water on the floor by the fire door that leads into the yard.
Clerk to investigate.
It was reported that when entering the yard via the fire door at night it was very dark and
some form of sensor lighting was required. It was agreed the Clerk should identify the cost
of installing one.
The telephone in the hall does not work and needs to be disconnected. Clerk is to action.
The Chairman attended a Fund Raising Fair and will pass the information onto the Clerk.
The digital lock is still sticking. Clerk to identify the cost of a replacement lock.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.55 pm.
Signed Chairman………………………………………1oth December 2013