Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees Williams Memorial Hall, held at the Council
Meeting Room on Tuesday 14 th May 2013 at 8.00 pm.
Present. Vice-Chairman Cllr. J. Brice-Richards, Cllr. Miss. J. Brace, Cllr. K. Smith, Cllr. Bruce Nash, and the Clerk Paul Smith.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologises for absence were received from the Chairman Cllr Mrs. Dr. E. Venables, Cllr. Mrs. D. Morgan and Cllr. Miss C. Carrington.
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 9th April 2013, copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
3.TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
1. The drain pipe at the west end of the Hall has come away from the guttering. Estimated cost of the repairs is £20.
2. The top of the wall in the car park has broken off. The damaged area has been removed but needs re-rendering. Estimated cost of repairs is £200.
3. HM Customs and Revenue have had advised that the Hall can no longer claim VAT.
However the and Clerk is currently in discussions with the Inland Revenue and although the situation has not been resolved they have agreed to refund last year’s VAT claim. Clerk to report progress at the next meeting.
4. The Clerk is currently getting quotations for replacing the Gas Boilers. It was agreed that the possibility of getting a grant to offset the costs of the boilers be investigated? Cllr B. Nash agreed to investigate the possibility of getting a grant from the lottery. The Clerk will investigate Green Deals/Eco grant funding. To report at the next meeting.
5. The Railway Club wrote to the Clerk advising that the Club was closing due to lack of members and would no longer be using the hall.
4.TO DISCUSS THE POSITION OF THE DEPUTY CLERK. Following the retirement of Colin Mogg, the committee discussed the position of Deputy Clerk. It was agreed that the position will for the immediate future remain vacant. It will be reviewed if and when the need arises.
5. TO AUTHORISE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totaled £1,378.82 as per the attached schedule numbered 1325/1335.
6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
Cllr. Kenneth Smith advised the committee that Coychurch Primary School had hired their hall out to the Urdd Choir. He raised his concerns about the effect this might have on the future income of the hall, if the school were to start renting the hall out to the public. Sue Hurry Head Teacher at the School did confirm that the rental of the school to the Urdd Choir was a one off since the hall could not accommodate them on the evening they wanted and no charge was made. However the committee recognised the importance of ensuring the continued profitability of the hall.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.26pm.
Signed Chairman………………………………………11th June 2013