Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees Williams Memorial Hall, held at the Council
Meeting Room on Tuesday 8th May 2012 at 8.15 pm.
Present. Chairman Cllr. Miss C. Carrington, Vice-Chairman Cllr. Dr. E. Venables, Cllr. K. Smith, Cllr. J. Brice-Richards, Cllr. Bruce Nash, Cllr. Miss. J. Brace, Cllr. Mrs. D. Morgan the Clerk Paul Smith and Deputy Clerk Colin Mogg.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
There were no apologises for absence.
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 10th April 2012, copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
3.TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
1. The website went live on the 1st May 2012. To access the site log on to www.coychurchlower.org.uk. The Clerk advised that initially you will have to use the address bar on your browser to access the website since it takes a couple of weeks to register the domain with Yahoo, Google Bing etc.
2. Now that the website is operational it was decided to cancel the advertisement in the Coychurch Chronicle with effect from the end of May 2012.
3. The four new Quartz heaters in the hall (3) and kitchen (1) and a smaller unit in the office have been installed. Gas heating will now only be used in exceptionally cold conditions, though boiler servicing will continue to be carried out.
4. The Clerk has written to existing hall users advising them that the hourly rate will be increased from £8 to £9 per hour with effect from the 1st May 2012.
5. The Clerk has had discussions with Aged Concern and they have agreed to hold sessions for the elderly on Thursdays once a fortnight for the next three months, starting on Thursday 17th May. Subject to the response this may become a regular fortnightly event. There will be a meeting on Thursday 10th May with Age Concern and some elderly residents of the community.
6. The Clerk advised that a smart meter will be installed by British Gas to monitor the usage of electricity.
4. TO AUTHORISE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totalled
£815.10 as per the attached schedule numbered 1244/1249.
5. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
There was no other business.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.31pm.
Signed Chairman………………………………………12th June 2012