Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees Williams Memorial Hall, held at the Council
Meeting Room on Tuesday 14 th May 2013 at 8.29 pm.
Present. Chairman Cllr Dr. Mrs. E. Venable, Vice-Chairman Cllr. J. Brice-Richards, Cllr. Bruce Nash, Cllr Mrs. D. Morgan, and the Clerk Paul Smith.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologises for absence were received from the Cllr. K. Smith, Cllr. Miss J. Brace and Cllr. Miss C. Carrington.
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 14th May 2013, copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
3.TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
1. The drain pipe at the west end of the Hall has been repaired.
2. The top of the wall in the car park has broken off. The damaged area has been removed but still needs re-rendering. Repairs to start July/August..
3. HM Customs and Revenue has advised that the Hall can no longer claim VAT.
Following further discussions between the Clerk and HM Customs and Revenue payment of last year’s VAT totalling £1006.03 has been received. However the cheque was made out to Coychurch Lower Community Council. The amount will be paid into the Councils account and a cheque prepared to pay the amount back into the Hall’s account.
4. The Clerk is currently getting quotations for replacing the gas boilers. It was agreed that a decision will be taken at the next meeting. The possibility of obtaining a grant towards the cost of the work is to be investigated by Cllr. B. Nash and the Clerk.
5 Digital lock has been repaired. However it does not seem to be locking properly. The lock will be replaced.
4. TO AUTHORISE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totalled
£1,378.82 as per the attached schedule numbered 1325/1335.
5. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.52pm.
Signed Chairman………………………………………9th July 2013