Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees Williams Memorial Hall, held at the Council
Meeting Room on Tuesday 9 th July 2013 at 8.25 pm.
Present. The Chairman, Cllr Dr. Mrs. E. Venable, Cllr. Miss C. Carrington, Cllr. K. Smith, Cllr. Miss J. Brace, Cllr. Bruce Nash, Cllr Mrs. D. Morgan, and the Clerk Paul Smith.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologises for absence were received from Vice-Chairman Cllr. J. Brice-Richards.
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 11th June 2013, copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
3.TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
1. The top of the wall in the car park has broken off. The damaged area has been removed but needs re-rendering. Repairs are to start this month.
2. The boilers have had their annual service and safety check and are working well .The cost of servicing was £140 which was 100% cheaper than what British Gas were charging. The British Gas contract has been cancelled. The boilers are now repaired and operational and the central heating is working well. However the boilers are expensive to repair and there is no guarantee when another problem might occur.
3. The Clerk has obtained two quotations for replacing the gas boilers. These vary significantly in cost. Both quotes are for open vented not sealed boilers because of the danger of pressurised boilers causing leaks in the old iron piping. One quotation is for two 40kw Intergas boilers total cost £4,000, the other significantly higher is for two 40 kw Worcester Bosch boilers, total cost £5,800. Both are guaranteed for five years subject to annual servicing.
4. Both the Clerk and Cllr Nash have investigated possible sources of grants to assist with some or all of the funding to replacing the existing boilers. It was agreed that since the boilers were currently fully operational there was no immediate need to replace them and that a grant should be applied for and await the results before replacing the boilers. It was further agreed that a subcommittee should be formed and will meet when more information on possible funding has been progressed.
5. The overflow pipe is constantly running in the gent’s toilet. Plumber needed to repair.
6, The two small tables that went “missing” many months ago have suddenly reappeared.
7. Cllr. Ken Smith has kindly donated some cutlery to the Hall. The Chairman thanked him for his generosity.
4. TO CONSIDER THE RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER’S REPORT.
The RFO reported that, as at 30.06.13, the income for the year was £7,234.88 with expenditure of £ 3864.27 with excess expense of £ 3,370.61. Bank Balances were checked and confirmed at £13,630.26.
The RFO recommended that given that the rental charges should remain the same for another year but that a gas central heating surcharge of £3 per hour should be introduced from the 1st October 2013 for those users of the hall who request gas as well as electric heating. This was agreed.
5. TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totalled
£1,198.42 as per the attached schedule numbered 1343/1348.
6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
Cllr, Nash enquired why a notice had been placed on a resident’s car in the car park asking the driver to remove the car. The Clerk advised that several cars had been illegally parking in the car park at the time. Putting a notice on the cars is the only method that seems to get drivers to remove their illegally parked cars from the car park. The car park is for users of the hall.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.14pm.
Signed Chairman………………………………………10th September 2013