Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees Williams Memorial Hall, held at the Council
Meeting Room on Tuesday 14 th January 2014 at 8.20 pm.
Present. Chairman Cllr. Dr. Mrs. E. Venables, Cllr. J. Brice- Richards, Cllr. K. Smith, Cllr. Miss J. Brace, Cllr. Mrs. D. Morgan, Cllr. B. Nash, and the Clerk P. Smith.
1.APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologies for absence were received from Cllr. Miss C. Carrington
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 10th December 2013, copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
3. TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
• Awards for All Grant. The Clerk is in the process of completing the final documentation required for the processing of the grant. There has been a delay in completing the required paperwork because Lloyds Bank lost the documentation submitted by the Clerk. An extension for returning the documentation has been agreed by Award for Wales.
• The old telephone in the main hall has been removed by the Clerk.
• The digital lock is still occasionally sticking. A new lock costs approximately £60. Following the recommendation of the Clerk it was agreed that a new lock with a new code should be purchased in the New Year. This will be done during the Easter break.
• A letter was received from Patricia Pritchard Environmental Health Officer Bridgend County Borough Council asking if we have any other groups using the Hall which are producing / providing food on a regular basis other than Age Concern? The Clerk responded accordingly and provided the information required.
4. TO RECEIVE THE RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICERS REPORT.
The RFO presented the third quarter finance report. The accounts were progressing as per the budget and the hall should break even for the financial year. He reported that, as at 31.12.13, the income for the year was £12,016.07 with expenditure of £11,728.45. That was a profit of £287.62. Bank Balances were checked and confirmed at £10,163.00.
5. TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totalled
£544.33 as per the attached schedule numbered 1385/90.
6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
It was agreed a meeting to identifying fund raising opportunities will be held on Tuesday 28th January 2014 at the Prince of Wales public house starting at 7pm.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 8. 44 pm.
Signed Chairman………………………………………11th February 2014