Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees Williams Memorial Hall, held at the Council
Meeting Room on Tuesday 10th January 2012 at 8. pm.
Present. Chairman Cllr. Miss C. Carrington, Vice-Chairman Cllr. Miss J. Brace, Cllr. K. Smith, Cllr. J. Brice-Richards, Cllr. Mrs. D. Morgan, Cllr. Dr. E. Venables, Cllr. Bruce Nash, the Clerk Paul Smith and the Deputy Clerk Colin Mogg.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
There were no apologises for absence.
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 13th December 2011, copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
3.TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
1. The Clerk reported back on his discussions with website developers/ providers. The cost of developing a website including all maintenance and development costs is £35 a month. This cost will be shared equally with Coychurch Lower Community Council since it is intended to incorporate the business needs of both in the website development. It was agreed that this should be progressed as soon as possible. It was further agreed that Councillors Kenneth Smith, Mrs. Diane. Morgan and Dr. Elaine Venables should assist the Clerk with the specification of requirements.
2. The Clerk advised that he has changed electricity suppliers from SWALEC to British Gas, with an estimated saving of ten percent on current bills..
3. The Clerk advised that approximately £2,500 had been spent on new equipment and upgrades this year. Electrical Quartz Heaters. £1200, Computer and systems £650, roof £450 and printer/copier upgrade £150.
4. The Clerk recommended that as well as current initiatives to reduce operating costs the new website should enable us to attract new business and increase revenue. With this in mind it was agreed that any increase in hourly rental rate should be deferred until the end of this financial year 31st March 2012 and will be discussed at April’s meeting.
5. It was agreed the Clerk should investigate the potential savings associated with using Direct Debits for payment.
4.TO RECEIVE THE RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICERS REPORT.
The RFO reported that, as at 31.12.11, the income for the year was £12,189.58 with expenditure of £13,223.83 with excess expenses of £1,034.25. Bank Balances were checked and confirmed at £11,595.77
5.TO AUTHORISE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totalled
£1,379.04 as per the attached schedule numbered 1220/1226.
6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
There was no other business.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.40pm.
Signed Chairman………………………………………14th February 2012