Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees Williams Memorial Hall, held at the Council
Meeting Room on Tuesday 11 th February 2014 at 8.21 pm.
Present. Chairman Cllr. Dr. Mrs. E. Venables, Vice-Chairman Cllr. J. Brice- Richards, Cllr. K. Smith, Cllr. Miss J. Brace, Cllr. Mrs. D. Morgan and the Clerk P. Smith.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologies for absence were received from Cllr. B. Nash and Cllr. Miss C. Carrington
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 14th January 2014, copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
3. TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
• Awards for All Grant. The Clerk has now completed all the necessary documentation and forwarded this to the Big Lottery in Cardiff.
• The new lock for the front door will be purchased and fitted over the Easter holidays.
• The Clerk proposed purchasing some carpet for the entrance and corridor leading to the toilets. This was agreed
• The work previously agreed to prepare and repaint part of the hall will begin in March.
• The microphone and amplifier are not working. The Clerk has contacted JPL Sound the supplier reference repairs. This was agreed.
• The list of fund raising suggestions for the Hall was reviewed. It was agreed that an informal meeting should be held in the next two weeks to progress the idea of holding a concert in October.
• The leaflet advertising the hall was reviewed. The Clerk will contact the manger of the BIE to see if we can obtain the email addresses of businesses located on the BIE and email the leaflet to them.
• Doug Page who carries out work for the Trustees has increased his hourly rate to £7.
• The Memorial Hall is to be used for the European Parliament Elections to be held on Thursday 22nd May 2014.
• Coychurch PTA Quiz Night to be held in the hall on Saturday 1st March. It was agreed that the Trustees will putt in a team. Names to the Clerk..
4. TO AUTHORISE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totaled
£441.80 as per the attached schedule numbered 1391/1395.
5. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
It was reported that the trim at the back of the sink in the kitchen has come away and needs repairing. Clerk is to action.
It was reported that the Yoga Class was still being advertised on the website. Clerk to action.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.50 pm.
Signed Chairman………………………………………11th March 2014