Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees Williams Memorial Hall, held at the Council
Meeting Room on Tuesday 14th February 2012 at 8.16pm.
Present. Chairman Cllr. Miss C. Carrington, Vice-Chairman Cllr. Miss J. Brace, Cllr. K. Smith, Cllr. J. Brice-Richards, Cllr. Dr. E. Venables, Cllr. Bruce Nash and the Clerk Paul Smith.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologises for absence were received from Cllr. Mrs. D. Morgan and the Deputy Clerk Colin Mogg.
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 10th January 2012, copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
3.TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
1. The Clerk reported that following discussions with Cllr. K. Smith, Cllr. Mrs. D. Morgan and Cllr. Dr. E. Venables, he had submitted an outline specification for the design of the new website to ITCS the website developers. ITCS will develop a prototype model of the website which will be available for evaluation and if necessary modification prior to finalising the website design. The prototype will be available in approximately two weeks time.
2. The Clerk raised the issue of taking the opportunity to design a logo for the website. Following discussions it was agreed to use the jewel on the Chain of Office as the logo.
3. The Clerk reported that the Hall will be required as a polling station on Thursday 3rd May 2012 for Bridgend County Borough & Town/Community elections.
4. The Clerk advised that it will be necessary to increase the Community Council’s rent / administration costs by £200 per annum from £3,750 to £3,950 to cover the Council’s share of the cost (50%)of the new website. The Clerk is to prepare a contract to identify the Community Councils entitlements in this respect.
5. The issue of replacing the existing two gas boilers with one larger more efficient boiler was discussed. It was pointed out that even if the Trustees can obtain a grant existing funds will be stretched at this time to try to purchase a new boiler. It was agreed that the Clerk should look at future years budgets to try to provision for saving £1,000 a year with the objective of raising sufficient funds to purchase a new boiler in the next two to three years.
4. TO AUTHORISE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totalled
£502.56 as per the attached schedule numbered 1227/1231.
5. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
There was no other business.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.39pm.
Signed Chairman………………………………………13th March 2012