Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees Williams Memorial Hall, held at the Council
Meeting Room on Tuesday 10th April 2012 at 7.53pm.
Present. Chairman Cllr. Miss C. Carrington, Cllr. K. Smith, Cllr. J. Brice-Richards, Cllr. Dr. E. Venables, Cllr. Bruce Nash and the Clerk Paul Smith.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologises for absence were received from Cllr. Miss. J. Brace, Cllr. Mrs. D. Morgan and the Deputy Clerk Colin Mogg.
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 13th March 2012, copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
3.TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
1. Council Rent has been increased by £200 per annum from £3,750 to £3,950. This is to cover the cost of the Councils share of development, ongoing operations and maintenance. The invoice has been received and the increase approved.
2. Gas increase. The Clerk has re-negotiated recent price increase from 40% back to 7%.
3. Trade Waste collection cost to increase by 2% to £700 per annum. Clerk contacted BCBC and obtained 50% reduction since the hall is a registered charity. Expected revised cost £350.
4. The cost of installing four more electric Quartz heaters in the hall and kitchen and a smaller unit in the office is estimated at £1500. This should effectively remove the need for gas heating with substantial savings in the coming years.
5. The Clerk presented an Expense Analysis to highlight the major cost areas and savings that have been and can be made. It was agreed that the committee should collectively investigate opportunities for increasing hall revenue through increased hall bookings particularly week days between 9 and 5pm.
6. Following a review of the accounts. It was agreed that the hourly charge for regular hall users should in increase from £8 to £9 per hour and for parties and one off events from £10 to £12. It was further agreed that the increases will come into effect from the 1st May 2012. Clerk to advise all users.
7. The Clerk reported that the new website is currently been updated with information and a demonstration is planned for the week commencing the 16th April. The website will be operational by the end of April.
4. TO CONSIDER THE RESONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER’S REPORT.
The RFO reported that, as at 31.03.12, the income for the year was £ 14,186.80 with expenditure of £15,931.03 with excess expenditure of £1,744.23. Bank Balances were checked and confirmed at £10,885.79. The RFO stated the reason the hall made a loss for the year was due to the £2,500 capital invest in Quartz heating and a new computer system.
5. TO AUTHORISE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totalled
£1,464.39 as per the attached schedule numbered 1239/1243.
6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
here was no other business.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.36pm.
Signed Chairman………………………………………8th May 2012